Clown fish loves her anemone.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brenden

Aquarium Advice Addict
I had a very large cleaner shrimp dying today. I was getting ready to remove it when the clown came and picked up the verily alive shrimp and put it in the anemones mouth. I have seen the clown feed the anemone on several occasions. What I thought was neat was the clown started ripping off antenna's and shell as the anemone was ingesting the shrimp. Playing mom preparing the food. :) This male and female clown love their anemone. These are the same clowns that are spawning in earlier thread. The anemone is the huge rose BTA in my gallery.

I remember awhile back you wanted to get rid of the cleaner shrimps. I guess they clowns figured you out. :lol:

I have been looking into getting a BTA for my 37g LPS reef for a while now. I am just not to sure about the whole idea. They are slowly killing this flowerpot coral that I have right now.

That is a huge BTA. Did you get him that big or did he grow on you?

How high in the tank is it and did it pick its spot (did it park itself under a MH)?

I would eventually like to get one; however, I am waiting for my tank to be more established - and my wife won't let me (please Kimberly can I have the checkbook?). Yes you can never tell who is writing from this account - The Husband often is operating under The Wife's account.

i want a BTA soooo bad. Clownfish/anemone's hosting sounds so cool to watch.

It was one of my "personalized" shipments from fishsupply.com I had no idea it was that big until it arrived. It has grown some since I have had it. It has had two homes since I had it. The one where I originally put it. The second it found on its own. It is in about 2ft of water right in the middle of 3-250w sun replicators.

Back
Top Bottom