Clown loach help please![emoji225]

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Obis Tanked

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all, my first question coming on so please be nice. Would love to have some big snails in my tank. Does anyone know what would be a good team of snail that would not be eaten by the one and only Clown Loach?
All help is need, I have 2 Clowns about 4".Image1485446487.076027.jpg

I would not recommend it. I gave an adult mystery snail very large to a friend. She watched in horror as her small clowns ripped it apart.

I would not recommend it. I gave an adult mystery snail very large to a friend. She watched in horror as her small clowns ripped it apart.

+1 All the research I have done (I have Yoyo loaches) says that they WILL eat it...

Thanks TMaier!!! I know what your saying. But a friend said try an Assassin Snail or a Zebra Snail cos the shell is harder then most? That's why I'm asking.

My understanding is they don't eat the shell. They flip it over and "suck" the snail out. If you find one that works let me know so I can try it to

Yes I have read about this too. Just had a another read up and now I'm thinking about some sort of trap door Snail. Maybe an Apple Snail? We we thinking???

Mystery and apple snails have a good amount of overlap because of naming confusion. I would recommend a resin snail. No loach could kill it!

I have three small Clown Loaches and a rapidly growing mystery snail and they all ignore each other.

Thank Meesh! Having a lazy Friday thinking about the tank [emoji23]. Meesh question for ya, do you have plants and are the little one eating them? Been looking around on the web and their are some mixed reviews on it. If or more likely when I get one I have to ask what the store was feeding them. I've just got some new plant that I'm just getting used to myself. [emoji222]v[emoji263]v[emoji225] I have to find a way!!?!!

Sorry, didn't see your message from the 27th. No, no one seems to be eating plants. I put blanched spinach on clips in the tank every few days and the Clowns and my Mystery Snail devour that, but the plantings are pretty much left alone, just a few holes here and there

Hey I'm not far from you! Makes a change to see a face nearby........

Anywhere uk is close but you're right next door!

All the common snails are easy clown loach food.
Confirmed they don't eat the shells.
(Just outside the west end, out the back of slough in a tiny village! Near beaconsfield/uxbridge)

Back
Top Bottom