Clown loach tank question?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

james77

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was finally able to get some decent size clowns. I got three of them, two of them are 2.5" and the other is 3". I'm keeping them in my 55g for now until Jan of 2015 when I will get my 125g. I know there slow growers so will they be alright in the 55g until I get the 125 all set up? I'm very particular about clean water so I do 2 water changes a week on this tank. The 125 will have either a fx6 or 3 aquaclear 110s for filtration. Also I've been feeding bloodworms, brine shrimp, flake and granuales so far for food. Anything else I should be feeding them?

They grow very slow so you should be ok they might hit 5 inches by then so you will be ok just make sure you get them in a 125 haha!

You can feed them cucumber slices too. Just slice them about an inch thick and microwave them for 30 seconds and drop them in.

I've got 7 clowns in my 75 gallon. When I feed them cucumber, I peel a whole one 1/2 way down lengthwise, stick a fork in the side to hold it down and then put it in the tank. They will devour the entire thing overnight. All that will be left is some skin. I don't even have to microwave it. It's their favorite treat.

Mine relish banana slices. The also like cucumber, and zucchini slices.

I also do the cucumber with no microwave, they love it! So do the yo yo loaches.

Back
Top Bottom