Clown Pleco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Judge92

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I've read that they like to eat sliced cucumbers. Basically, I want to know how to feed them and what to feed them. Whenever I feed, I either don't see him or he's just sitting there. So I guess they don't eat flake food? lol

algae wafers or ORGANIC zuchini idk about cucumber.. my hifin pleco loves it along with my various loachs and even bala sharks..i just slice off a bit rubberband it to a small stone and drop it in .. try it out

A hifin pleco is not the same as a clown pleco. I've had three clown plecos. The first one did a bang up job on algae and would eat slices of cucumber. The 2 I have presently are worthless when it comes to algae and I've had the cucumber slice last for days untouched. They appear to prefer munching on driftwood and apparently whatever else they find. I rarely see the 2 of them. I've saw both at the same time for the first time in months a couple weeks back.

Back to the bristle nose when these guys pass on.

organic as in organic ask your local grocery store its basically the same but not treated with any pesticides and whatnot

Now, it's kind of odd because I heard about them eating driftwood as well. And I went and bought him a piece but he never hangs out under it. I've seen him there a couple of times but for the most part he hides away somewhere else. I'll try a cucumber or zuchini. And would algae wafers be a good idea? Would he be the only fish to eat it?

depends.. in my case i had to switch because my tinfoil barbs would eat the wafers whole before they hit the bottom ..but yah i think other fish would take interest

Clown plecos are more carnivorous than ancistrus. Not all plecos subsist on algae and plant matter. Drop some thawed bloodworms into the tank after lights out and watch him go nuts by flashlight. :)

How could I feed JUST him? Like all of my fish would eat bloodworms so how do I stop them from eating it lol

After lights out... and the room has been dark for about an hour. Then feed him. They are night time fish.

Back
Top Bottom