Clown pleco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gboy66

Aquarium Advice Addict
Looking into what it takes to keep one. I dont want it to eat my plants, and am not sure if id have to add driftwood too. I like their color and relative size though. Any experiences with this fish?

tons. if you ask me, they're worthless. great looking fish, but not a very good algae eater for one, poops alot for two, and you dont even notice his color because hes mostly being a lazy guy underneath your dw. i bought one cuz i loved their colors, and heard they were great algae eaters. well, the one we were talking about must have been a raer case. i think you couldget one if you want, but personally, id say no. JME.

Thanks for the help! Only reason im considering it is bec i ask every lfs if theyll order some albino bn plecs, and i get the same response every time. "oh darn they didnt come. Check in next week."

well if you have a freshwater tank and love bottom dwellers plecos are definitely a must have.

All my plecos are going strong and there the ones i bought when i first started this hobby (7+ years).

Easy to maintain, just get them some wafers, and blanch some veggies for them to feed on. You dont need to get driftwood but are a definite plus since they all seem to love them.

A lot of them tend to be very shy, but some do come out frequently. That just depends on the fish. Also, all algae eating fish eat only certain types of algae, so if you have a different type than they like to eat, any algae eater will seem worthless.

Thanks for the help! Only reason im considering it is bec i ask every lfs if theyll order some albino bn plecs, and i get the same response every time. "oh darn they didnt come. Check in next week."

How many albino BN do you want? I have brown, albino, calico, and super red unsexed juvies available. Also have breeding pairs of browns available that produce all the different colors of fry with each spawn.

toddnbecka said:
How many albino BN do you want? I have brown, albino, calico, and super red unsexed juvies available. Also have breeding pairs of browns available that produce all the different colors of fry with each spawn.

I was thinking albino, but you have alot more options!!

The calico and albino are the most popular. Super reds are still pretty uncommon, and pure breeding stock isn't cheap like the other color variants, but you'll definitely be able to move their offspring.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom