Clown won't settle in

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MARLANDO

Aquarium Advice Regular
How long does it take for a clown to settle in or start to get friendly
with an anemone ??

That can vary widely, and it's really unpredictable. It's like buying a home. Some people find one they like right away, others take months or years to choose a home they want. It's pretty much the same thing with the clownfish, he may find it soon, he may never decide to move in.

Should I get another clown? As I have two in there now

falseocellaris.jpg

25429_1254990341755_1439472894_30569974_60746_n.jpg

i had the same situation

It`s about 50/50 whether he will host the anenome or not. Mine would not.

over the years i've bought anenome and clowns but never had them together. At this point I've given up, but was thinking and I'd like to get some opinions if I can just by a clown and an anenome that are already "together"?

over the years i've bought anenome and clowns but never had them together. At this point I've given up, but was thinking and I'd like to get some opinions if I can just by a clown and an anenome that are already "together"?
i would say that is the best way to go because as mike said if you buy them seperate they may or may not host it

In addition if you buy a clown that is 'bonded' with an anenome the loss of the anenome causes considerably stress on the clown and can even result in the clowns death.

Back
Top Bottom