Clownfish and Sabae Anemone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They might. Never know with clowns. I have seen them host sabaes before.

If they are tanked raised you have about a 50/50 chance of them hosting anything!!
I have two tank raised false that I bought when they were about 3/4" and they have never wanted to host anything!!!

what kinds of clowns do you have? 4 seems a but much and mixing clown species usualy isnt a good idea

Yes I agree. Like mr x said "one will kill the other". I think he meant species. The maroons will eventually get aggressive if not already. They also get much larger than the false.

When my clowns wouldn't,t host my nem I tried putting them in a small container together full of holes and put in the tank. After the clowns were forced to touch the tenacles they never left it again. Worked for me.

i have heard of putting a picture of a clownfish at the glass near where the 'nem is might work too, or a mirror...

Clown fish and anemones is what I've been doing for years. First off, almost all and any species of clownfish will get along and thrive when added to a new tank together. With clowns after a couple of weeks, one will become female and the female is the boss. They kind of work like wolves, a pack mentality kind of thing, the largest female being the alpha, all the other clowns, males, having their place in the pack according to size and type of clown. In my experience, maroons are absolutely the most agressive and are almost always the female. Tomatoes and cinnamons are next. Clarkii, saddleback, orange skunk, and sebaes are kind of neutral with slight tendencies either way. Pink skunk, ocellaris, and percales are tame. As far as hosting, any clown might host in any anemone and any clown may never host in any anemone. It's an individual thing with each and every clown. Your chances of a false perc hosting a sebae is pretty good except that the maroons presence may prevent that. Maroons hosting sebaes are not very common, but it may happen. The two clowns will not host together and more than likely, the maroon become female and run the tank. If you decide to get another anemone, try some type of long tentacle or a carpet anemone. I hope I gave you some good info about clowns and hosting!

Back
Top Bottom