clownfish...disappeared?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pairenoid

Aquarium Advice Freak
hes completely gone, the only place he could possibly be is under my rocks which hes never ventured near

he might of starved himself, he started eating less and less until he wouldnt even eat if i spot fed him, i think he couldnt handle the midas tank mate. They stopped fighting completely but during feeding time the clownfish was uninterested in food

my paramters were fine

my main concern is that he disappeared, not just that he died but i cant find his body. Is it possible a tiger conch ate it? i thought they were only algae eaters but my conch was in my clowns sleeping corner when i woke up, somewhere ive never seen him before

my only other fish is a midas, and i only have a cuc, and a powerhead with a closed top

any suggestions on where to find his body? i would like to remove it

If he's died in there the conch and cuc will of demolished him by now conchs will defo eat meat from what I understand, how big is your tank?

its a 20l, ah im shocked the tiger ate it, bone and all? not even a scrap left lol

both the midas and clown were on the smaller end of the spectrum

the midas never leaves the left side of the tank, the clownfish swims all over, even with the clown gone i havent seen my midas enter past half the tank

although i notice my midas swimming more on the rocks, maybe just getting used to my tank or maybe the extra space to himself

And yeah bone and all the clean up crew will ea any creature that dies in your tank that's part of their job

its a 20 long, but wow i didnt know they can eat it so fast and so much lol :/

Back
Top Bottom