Clownfish Jumped

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brilliant_Barbs_21

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I got home from classes to see my clownfish dried up on the ground. But the thing is... I have a lid. I'm a little bit confused right now. How did it get out? There only an inch of space for the filter open, but that's on the other end of the tank. I knew that clownfish can be jumpers. But like this? I checked my parameters- 0 ammonia, 0 nitrites, 5 nitrates. 1.024 salinity. I don't know what was wrong and why it wanted to get out that bad.

I got home from classes to see my clownfish dried up on the ground. But the thing is... I have a lid. I'm a little bit confused right now. How did it get out? There only an inch of space for the filter open, but that's on the other end of the tank. I knew that clownfish can be jumpers. But like this? I checked my parameters- 0 ammonia, 0 nitrites, 5 nitrates. 1.024 salinity. I don't know what was wrong and why it wanted to get out that bad.

Did you have 2? If you did then the other could of been picking on him while you were gone. Fish can literally get out any openings lol. I just lost my one clown to jumping as well.

Did you have 2? If you did then the other could of been picking on him while you were gone. Fish can literally get out any openings lol. I just lost my one clown to jumping as well.
No he is literally the only fish in the tank haha. I have to go to the store ASAP to get another ammonia source so I don't kill my coral through a mini cycle

That's really weird then, was the tank cycled?
Oh yes. It's been set up for over a year. It's old enough to support an anemone, so it's no tank issues. All the corals are perfect also. My guess is it was the cat. My clownfish always slept in the corner, and maybe the cat grabbed it. Who knows. It's a mystery!

Haha yeah weird mine also jumped at about the one year mark, but my tank is rimless. Just weird

Back
Top Bottom