Clownfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aryiman

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Is it ok to not put coral in with clownfish or will it affect them? I will have live rock in there.

mine seems to do ok although i think he would be happier with one.he seems to wonder around the tank a bit. i even find him rubbing my mushrooms occasionaly

They'll be fine, but even if you had a hairy mushroom or something it would appreciate it. (note: my clown DESTROYED a plate coral by rubbing against it, so be careful with what corals you DO put in if there's no anenomes).

-dave-

Is it ok to not put coral in with clownfish or will it affect them? I will have live rock in there.

I've had no anemone or coral in my tank for over a year, and my clownfish were perfectly fine. Even now, with a few corals in there, they are still fine. All a matter of preference as to what you want. Just note that some clownfish will try to host in a number of branching corals, and it can sometimes damage them(the corals).

HTH

My clowns currently host in my Xenia, which has ceased to grow as a result. Once I get my 2x250W MH system in, I'll look for an anemone :)

Back
Top Bottom