CO2 and/or Flourish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skywhitney

Aquarium Advice Addict
I've been debating to set up a CO2 system for my planted tank but I was also looking into using flourish (I've heard good things about it). Can/or should I use these two together or will it just lead to problems?

I have a 10g tank with a T5 15W single bulb (I know I need to upgrade my lighting, I'm looking into what the best option there is too). The plants I have are Anacharis, Willow Moss, and Java Fern.

Im pretty sure you mean T8. I don't think they make a 15w T5.

Excel and co2 are complementary. On a 10g, a DIY co2 system may very well cover your needs.

aqua_chem said:
Im pretty sure you mean T8. I don't think they make a 15w T5.

Excel and co2 are complementary. On a 10g, a DIY co2 system may very well cover your needs.

It is in fact a T8. so the diy should be sufficient?

Probably. The T8 isnt going to require co2, so any co2 you add is going to be purely beneficial. Whether it can hold 20-30 ppm levels is another question should you choose to get higher light (and it may very well hold that level).

I would definitely consider getting a drop checker though.

It provides a crude way to measure co2 dissolved. It turns blue if you have too little co2, green for good levels, and yellow for high levels.

Oh ok, thanks for the suggestion! I'll definitely have to get one of those.

Do you know if the flourish would be worth getting? I saw the dosing directions and since they are for a 60g i'm thinking i'd have to monitor it very close, any advise there?

You can scale it down for a smaller tank. Either estimating in the cap or a little plastic syringe will do the job.

Back
Top Bottom