Co2 and PH

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jacpr233

Aquarium Advice Activist
Does anyone know how much the ph will drop when injecting co2. I'm running 2 bps on a 72 gal tank?

Attachments

• image-347810254.jpg
    image-347810254.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 45
A drop of a entire unit of pH is pretty common, but it depends on how much CO2 you're injecting and the efficiency of your method. That being said, if you're already injecting CO2, why don't you just measure it and see?

A drop of a entire unit of pH is pretty common, but it depends on how much CO2 you're injecting and the efficiency of your method. That being said, if you're already injecting CO2, why don't you just measure it and see?
I believe he was a caught a bit off guard when he read somewhere that it lowers pH, and the fact that it lowers pH most likely stopped him temporarily from getting a CO2 system. Just a guess though.

greetings.

when co2 is injected into a tank the ph level lowers, but not by a critical amount. my 5 cents would be that the fish would be harmed by high level of co2 before the lower ph.level.

co2 affects ph in relevance to the waters carbonate hardness, if you know your dKH you can use that with co2 level to find ph, or use dKH along with ph to find co2 levels.

CO2 Ph/dKH table

Thx for the info guys. I'll do my homework later

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom