CO2 bubbles on plants ok?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PJFISH

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi all! Once again, forgive the newbie question, but is the presence of co2 bubbles on my plants a good thing or not? I'm forced to run my system for longer than I'd like without a solenoid. Worried that I'm doing damage or something, drop checker reads light green, bordering yellow. Please help a anxious aquascaper!

I'm not sure...the bubbles are gathering on the under sides of the leaves and on air hoses. Not sure what pearling looks like vs. too much CO2

As your plants absorb the CO2 they expel oxygen. The oxygen bubbles to the top & or accumulates into bigger bubbles. The oxygen on your plants or bubbling from your plants is pearling

As your plants absorb the CO2 they expel oxygen. The oxygen bubbles to the top & or accumulates into bigger bubbles. The oxygen on your plants or bubbling from your plants is pearling

And that's ok?

The plants will be fine I believe but if you have fish in the tank with too much CO2 it will drop the pH to dangerous levels for the fish

The plants will be fine I believe but if you have fish in the tank with too much CO2 it will drop the pH to dangerous levels for the fish

Yeah that's what I was afraid of! Think I need some sort of buffer to keep in above 6.0 , it's normally like 6.4

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396040361.136894.jpg
My diffuser is right under the filter intake by the time it goes through the filter and back into the tank. You have 100% absorption of the CO2 and no bubbles you could try it? It works for me

Back
Top Bottom