Co2 canister

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cichlid_tank619

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey guys just wanted to know a good site to buy items for a planted tank. I'm looking for a co2 canister, regulators, defuser, ect..
Thanks

I'm a big fan of Ebay. The market sections of this forum and Planted Tank are also good options.

Yeah I'm trying to piece together a cylinder and regulator. I think I may have it, just waiting to see if the cylinder threads are the same as the regulator (21/22mm)

How long does a 20oz tank last? I'm going to so a small 40tall..

I would definitely go with a 5# tank on an aquarium that size. Also, it's a relatively safe bet that most decent regulators bought in the US will fit full size CO2 tanks (not necessarily so with custom CO2 canisters or paintball setups).

I would definitely go with a 5# tank on an aquarium that size. Also, it's a relatively safe bet that most decent regulators bought in the US will fit full size CO2 tanks (not necessarily so with custom CO2 canisters or paintball setups).

So safe to say I should skip the whole paintball size cylinder and just get a 5lb+ .. Dam those get pricey? Oh well guess if you want it done right have to have the right tools. Thanks for the heads up.

Definitely get a 5lb- I have a 5lb. On my 60g for almost 3 months now running at over 2bps and it hasn't changed pressure at all yet so they will last OMG on your tank. Also I use AquaTek's premium regulator I believe and it has CGA 320 threads the same as the canister I got off of amazon for $50-$60. I got my diffuser, bubble counter, tubing, and bubble counter liquid from GLA for a pretty good price and they have a lot of good quality things. Go to their site here and click on C02 equipment to take you to their stock - I got the most pricey things tho- the 65mm atomic diffuser ($30) and whatnot. You will also need bubble counting solution they also sell. As well as C02 tubing and bubble counters.

Back
Top Bottom