CO2 diffuser compatible?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ShinobiFishKeeper

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm getting a Hagen Nutrafin CO2 Natural Plant System with CO2 Activator and Stabilizer from Amazon for my 10 gallon because the Fluval can't ship Fluval Mini Pressurized 20g-CO2 Kit to my location but that ladder is quite big and heard a lot about small fishes like neon tetras getting stuck behind them so I'm thinking about getting a smaller diffuser. Will a Fluval Ceramic 88g-CO2 Diffuser work? :ermm:

Amazon.com: Hagen Nutrafin CO2 Natural Plant System with CO2 Activator and Stabilizer: Pet Supplies

Amazon.com: Fluval Ceramic 88g-CO2 Diffuser - 3.1 Ounces: Pet Supplies

The diffuser should work fine. You could, however, just use a 2 liter bottle and some air line to save yourself 30 bucks, and just buy the diffuser. Search youtube or google for DIY co2. Or I can explain it, if you'd like.

The diffuser should work fine. You could, however, just use a 2 liter bottle and some air line to save yourself 30 bucks, and just buy the diffuser. Search youtube or google for DIY co2. Or I can explain it, if you'd like.

I was thinking of making my own but then I came across this lol

But can you tell me if I can run the CO2 system 24/7 even if the lights are out or do I just put in an air pump at night? And what about the ph a lot of people are saying co2 will lower it so is there a way that I can keep it at a solid 7.0?

But can you tell me if I can run the CO2 system 24/7 even if the lights are out or do I just put in an air pump at night? And what about the ph a lot of people are saying co2 will lower it so is there a way that I can keep it at a solid 7.0?

I've used diy on a 10g 24/7 without issue. Yes you can put an air stone on a timer if you want to be safe, but I honestly don't think you'll have a problem. Less equipment in the tank, the better it looks... I wouldn't worry about keeping your ph at exactly 7. ph shifts caused by co2 are normal, and not enough to bother anything.

I've used diy on a 10g 24/7 without issue. Yes you can put an air stone on a timer if you want to be safe, but I honestly don't think you'll have a problem. Less equipment in the tank, the better it looks... I wouldn't worry about keeping your ph at exactly 7. ph shifts caused by co2 are normal, and not enough to bother anything.

Alright thanks

Back
Top Bottom