CO2 for a 20 Gallong Long

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Don't waste your money I have the 88 gram on a 10 gallon and if I'm lucky it lasts 2 weeks. Go with either a 2.5-5 lb cylinder or a paintball setup.

I have the Milwaukee MA957 ($89 at eseasongear.com), a 5lb cylinder ($55 from amazon), a DIY reactor ($5-10 in parts), a timer ($6 at walmart) and a drop checker ($10 for 3 on ebay).

I have the Milwaukee MA957 ($89 at eseasongear.com), a 5lb cylinder ($55 from amazon), a DIY reactor ($5-10 in parts), a timer ($6 at walmart) and a drop checker ($10 for 3 on ebay).

Do you run your co2 only during the day? and is that all you need?

Gillie said:
None of the paintball kits I've seen have been totally complete and cost about 40-50 bucks more, so the full sized setup is a steal.

I dont know where you saw that, i picked up
1 24oz & 2 20oz pb tanks for $20, asa on/off valve $10
needle valve $10
co2 hose from home depot $4
Co2 diffuser $8.

If you do the math, that's about $39 per setup and it will last you for months depending on the size of your tank.

mfdrookie516 said:
Yep, that's it. And, I only ran it during the day. I haven't used it in a month and a half or two though.

4/4/4 lighting? I have that on my tank too but some of my plants have algae on them. Do you still dose ferts?

I dont know where you saw that, i picked up
1 24oz & 2 20oz pb tanks for $20, asa on/off valve $10
needle valve $10
co2 hose from home depot $4
Co2 diffuser $8.

If you do the math, that's about $39 per setup and it will last you for months depending on the size of your tank.

I guess that is a fair price if you want to go bare minimum with the setup, but the needle valve will wear out long before a solenoid will.

Besides wear and tear on the needle valve a solenoid also has the added benefit of not having to worry about forgetting to turn the co2 on/off and having it set on a timer also ensures that it runs for the allotted time, not sooner or later.

Back
Top Bottom