CO2 In Planted NANO Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rbtnccord

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Currently I have a 8 gallon planted nano tank. I dose 1/2ml daily of Flourish Excel and twice weekly with 1 ml Flourish. I have 4 stalks of Scarlet Temple,
1 Anubias nana and have seeding a bed of hairgrass.
I keep the LED lighting on 10 hours a day. They plants have been in for just over 2 weeks.
The par vallue is about 49-50. I will be replacing these lights for a larger 30w Innovative Marine Tablet Light.
They are all doing well. The scarlet temple is almost to the surface so it has grown about 1" since I planted it.
No substrate fertilizer has been done.
I do notice a couple of the temple leaves getting a bit thin on the ends and think maybe I should dose a very small amount of Iron.
IThe nana and hairgrass look good. The hairgrass has not faded at all and it gets all the light directly with no over hanging shade from the nana or temple.
I saw a interesting co2 system by Ista. It uses co2 cartridges and come with its own bubble counter ceramic I believe and they recommend in a small nano tank 1 bubble every 5 seconds. You must turn off the system at night and back on when you light the tank up.
Do you feel this would be worthwhile?
Also I am going to be starting a Nano 16 or 24 in about a month and was wondering about using some system similar for it. Also so as not to load the display area with non plant and fish material I am wondering if housing it in the area in the filtration chamber behind the display area where a reactor would go would work just as well.
Further I have considered where in the display to locate it. underneath the water return so as it rises it get moved around the tank or under the overflow so it must pass thru the mechanical filter media, thru the bio media and then back into the tank.
your thoughts.
Also do the co2 in tank indicators work well.

Thanks Bob

Please don't waste you time and money on the ista POS. I tried it when I was looking into co2 because it was half the price of a fluval kit. It was awful, the lame regulator couldn't even pierce the canister it came with and when I researched the problem many many people had the same issue. If you're looking for a pre filled cylinder type system look into the fluval 88g, as far as pre filled goes its probably the best. I have one on my 20g and it has worked well and when I upgrade the 20 co2 it will be moving to my 8g. The 8g currently has the smaller fluval co2 kit on it but you'd want to replace the bubble ladder for a ceramic diffuser for sure. The ladder is bulky and not as efficient.

Back
Top Bottom