co2 or fertiliser

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishyperson3010

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi
I want to get a good planted tank but my current plants keep losing leaves so I was wondering what's best co2 or fertiliser. Also could you recommend any good systems etc.
By the way I'm in the UK. Also could you recommend some plants it is a 180 litre tank with 45 watt t5s
Thanks
fishyperson3010

For CO2, I would recommend an MA957 Regulator from Milwaukee. It is a good balance of quality and cost. Not sure if it is widely available in the UK, however.

For fertilizer, there really is no "best". It depends greatly on what symptoms of nutrient deficiency you are seeing, the types of plants you are growing, the photoperiod and type of lighting, etc.

There is a good word press article on the site here that can help in understanding basic principals behind fertilizing in a planted tank, but the module is down for maintenance right now. I will post a link once it comes back up.

Thanks
Could you recommend any plants
I have swords and elodea but there leaves keeping going brown. But my anubias is doing great and keeps producing new growth.

Back
Top Bottom