CO2 placement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishman793

Aquarium Advice Regular
So im setting up some CO2 and im wonedering where the optimal place for the diffuser is. Ive heard its under the filter output but i have my airstone there. Will the airstone affect the amount of CO2 diffused into the water?

I have some pictures of my tank and the CO2 diffuser attached. The airstone is to the right of the filter intake and the filtar output is to the left of the filter intake. Sorry for the floating plants, i jugot new plant sin and some of them came out of the substrate.
Thank you

Attachments

• 0104130132.jpg
    0104130132.jpg
    225.7 KB · Views: 63
  • 0103130051a.jpg
    0103130051a.jpg
    253.4 KB · Views: 60
An air stone will cause a dramatic loss of co2 from your tank, so you should consider not using it. Hopefully your filter is causing enough surface disturbance to oxygenate the tan.

It is recommend to put the co2 diffuser in an area off high flow. For obvious reasons, it is generally recommend to put it under or near the filter output so that the co2 can be effectively distributed throughout the tank. Putting it near the intake also works for most filter designs, but not for bio wheels (which probably shouldn't be used in a co2 injected tank either).

I was recommended to put mine about an inch above the filter intake. I ran it for a few seconds the other day (still setting up the tank, so I don't need it on yet) and got very good distribution of the bubbles.

I set mine as aqua-chem stated and under spray bar so it distribute better within tank. My drop checker is on opposite side of my 125 and I'm showing good on drop checker. That tells me that distribution is adequate where its located.

I ran mine through the venturi on a pwerhead. The impeller chops the bubble up, and the powerhead shoots it the length of the tank. I have seen improvement in plant growth in only one week. Just set up another one on another planted tank. This one I drilled a small hole in the intake tube of an AC 70, and installed the airline carrying the co2 into it. Should be the same theory as the first set up. Hope it works as well.:)

Back
Top Bottom