Co2 question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thras

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok I am getting what all u need for a kit the only thing I don't understand is how u get the ppm of co2 through the ph/kh I just don't understand it can some one help me with it maybe some examples or something

I dont either... that's why I use a drop checker. There are a lot of variables that make the ph/kh method unreliable. With a drop checker, you've got a solution with known properties that changes colors based on the co2 concentration. it's the best $3 or so you'll spend

Drop checker where do I get one haven't heard of it

I got 3 for $10 shipped on ebay. They're just a little glass bulb that goes in the tank. As the co2 offgasses in to the drop checker, the solution turns colors. Blue means too little, green means ok, lime green means perfect, yellow means too much. You need 4dkh solution with it, which you can also purchase on ebay or make yourself (there's a guide here in the planted forum) and use the pH test solution from your kit to add the color in.

Hum I'll do my research but gez this co2 stuff is crazy lol anyone offer classess

Ok there's a bunch on eBay some of the solution bottles look kinda cheap like there from china and come with cards is that the one UR talking about?

Ok just found a regulator it's a aquatek is this any good it has a solenoid on it for 120v outlet it looks like it's got three needle valves coming off it!!!

Ok that's ordered now I need a good regulator or set up any suggestions I found a sentinel online for 95 bucks and a aquatek online for 10 right now but has 5 days left on eBay both say new the aquatek looks like it has three needle valves off the reg

regulator- $89 - Milwaukee MA957 CO2 Regulator, Free Priority Shipping!
cylinder (if you cant find one locally)- Amazon.com: 5 lb. Aluminum Co2 Tank Compressed Gas Air Cylinder: Kitchen & Dining
drop checker (they are glass, might as well get a couple spares)- Aquarium Glass Drop Checker x3 for Co2 Monitor Tester | eBay
4dkh solution(if you dont want to make it)- 4 dKH Reference Solution For Co2 Drop Checker pH on eBay!

You'll need some method for diffusion. Whether you choose a glass diffuser, powerhead, or inline reactor (if you have a canister filter... my preferred method) is up to you.

I got a Milwaukee co2 regulator for 85$ and it came with co2 tubing. I have had it for about 2 months and no problems what so ever. It was very easy to set up and adjust.

O wow thanks bud and I was planing on making my own reactor beings I have a fluval 205 just got to find out the size for hoses and go to lowes and pick up some tubing

mfdrookie516 said:
regulator- $89 - Milwaukee MA957 CO2 Regulator, Free Priority Shipping!
cylinder (if you cant find one locally)- Amazon.com: 5 lb. Aluminum Co2 Tank Compressed Gas Air Cylinder: Kitchen & Dining
drop checker (they are glass, might as well get a couple spares)- Aquarium Glass Drop Checker x3 for Co2 Monitor Tester | eBay
4dkh solution(if you dont want to make it)- 4 dKH Reference Solution For Co2 Drop Checker pH on eBay!

You'll need some method for diffusion. Whether you choose a glass diffuser, powerhead, or inline reactor (if you have a canister filter... my preferred method) is up to you.

Listen to mfdrookie I am a noob compared to him. (I am a noob compared to most people, and mfdrookie is the person that helped me with mine)

Haha, I'm not far from being a noob. But, that's everything I got, except I got my cylinder elsewhere (the price has went up $20 where I got mine). The reactor is super simple. Somebody recently built a reactor for a fluval canister, they had to get metric barbs. I can't find the thread though. But... if you look early in to my 125 and 40 builds, I have 2 different reactors I built. Personally, I like the one I built for my 125 better, but they work on the same principal.

Ok cool now to find all this money for everything lol got to get my lighting kit and co2 I'm thinking one item a month or just max my credit card lol

Make sure you check out fishneedit.com for lighting. That's where all 4 of my fixtures came from. Great fixtures, good reflectors, and great price. Almost sounds like a commercial

I built my reactor off of this design for my fluval 305.

Attachments

• attachment.jpeg
    attachment.jpeg
    27.5 KB · Views: 81
Tyvm for all ur help both of u gave me loads rookie u should change ur name to aquariummaster2.0 lol u have helped me alot thanks

Back
Top Bottom