CO2 reactor suggestions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Florio

Aquarium Advice Freak
hey guys, ive been looking for a reactor to replace my inline atomizer but i just cant find one that will fit my needs.

first of all i dont really want to spend more than 25 bucks, i dont want it too big as i have a 48 gallon and its ontop of my dresser so i dont really want it taking too much space.

ok so ive been looking at the insta max mix, ive read some reviews that say it wouldnt work very well on my ecco cause it would take up too much flow.

please some one show me the light.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Some one plzzz

Are you much of a DIYer? A Rex Grigg reactor might be up your alley.

Actually ya I am. Only reason I haven't already is that clear tubes are hard to find and almost as expensive as some of the already made ones out there.

But shoot me a link, I'd love to see it.

Sorry too lazy to hunt down actual links but just go to TPT's DIY section (and Youtube!) and run a search for either "rex grigg reactor" or "cerges reactor". I've no experience with them personally but I know both of those are very popular options. They're both supposed to be pretty cheap to construct too as long as you have access to a place like Home Depot and such. I know some people here on AA use them (maybe Billbug68 and aqua_chem?), hopefully one of them will chime in.

Looks like this will be next weekend's project.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hmm, any way of doing something like that without any external filter or pump?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

^^ could probably use power head and have it in the tank instead of outside.

Back
Top Bottom