CO2 Starter Kit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How much is it? You do have a reactor of some sort already? you might just need the regulator.. unless your going to toss your current reactor??... I also dont see were the solenoid valve is.. they have a timer and such in the kit and I dont see how it could be used.. *edit* because I dont see a solenoid valve, no solenoid no way of hooking it up to the timmer (or a PH controller for that matter) *edit* :?

That's a pretty basic setup but it will work. The timer is just for running the CO2 reactor while the lights are on, I'm assuming. A lot of people that aren't using pH controllers to drive solenoids use simple timers to shut their CO2 off at night when the plants aren't using it. Some argue that CO2 should be run constantly regardless of light cycle to keep pH from bouncing. I can't really comment because I've always used a pH controller. I guess what I'm saying is that that system, while quite simple, would appear capable of doing the job adequately for pressurized CO2. I've never bought anything from Plantguild before so I can't comment on their products or service. Maybe someone else could weigh in :)

I purchased the power reactor from Plantguild & a few other items. So don't need the whole starter kit with the power reactor. I've spent a lot of $$ on tanks the past year so I thought this might be a way to get into pressurized without spending a boat load.

P.S. The service & products from Plantguild were very good. It sounds like it's a side business for the owner. He was nice & informative as well as prompt.

Happy 4th everyone! :mrgreen:

It was a litte confusing. Here is the kit & price:

STARTER KIT LESS REACTOR

THIS KIT INCLUDES ALL COMPONENTS OF ABOVE EXCEPT THE POWER REACTOR. IF YOU ALREADY HAVE A GOOD REACTOR, THIS WILL GET YOU STARTED USING COMPRESSED CO2.

$64.95

Back
Top Bottom