Co2 system!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SethMorrow

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello everyone! I'm new to the forums but have been watching for a while! (A while being probably 8 years) I've recently jumped into planted aquaria and purchased a co2 system and two diffusers! I would love your opinion on the difference between these two diffusers!

image-905285897.jpg

Thank you guys!

Everything's just about adjusted to my tank, seeing new growth, just planted some anachris for the time being, I love my java moss too!
image-2015245574.jpg

Nice tank! I like the platies and black skirts :) There is no real difference with the diffusers...just that one is triangular and one is more rounded. They are both ceramic so you should get the same results.

I've heard it's not a bad idea to put the diffuser under the HOB filter intake? Do y'all have any input? My filter has no media in it, and the output is so far underwater there is almost no surface agitation

I've heard it's not a bad idea to put the diffuser under the HOB filter intake? Do y'all have any input? My filter has no media in it, and the output is so far underwater there is almost no surface agitation

Well, first of all, you want a decent amount of surface agitation in the tank somewhere, somehow, for the proper release of oxygen and CO2 in the tank...placing it under the intake isn't a bad idea, because the CO2 bubbles would get sucked up and further diffused in the filter and then finally spat out through the tank...sounds like a good idea to me.

Back
Top Bottom