CO2 systems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tetrajen

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Does anyone have any advise or experience with CO2 systems? I'm looking to purchase one for my twenty gallon set up, and I don't know where to begin, or how much is a reasonable amount to spend.

Look on Amazon at Aquatek of California. You will find the best prices there, or on E-Bay. I just set up a complete co2 system on my 125 for under $200
Another option for a smaller tank is DIY co2. I use that on my 30long, and 40long, with T-5 lighting, and theplants grow terrific.

Hi Foster,

I actually saw a demo of the Aquatek on Youtube. It's very reasonably priced, and i think that's the one I'm going to go with. I tried a DIY I couldn't get my yeast to produce. I never was any good at baking.

The problem I'm having is were to get CO2 refills in my area. My uncle uses it for welding, so I'm going to ask him on Monday. He may even have an empty canister lying around.

Thanks so much letting me know I'm making the right choice.

Yup, I use Aquatek's premium regulator on my 5 lb. CO2 tank running on my 60g. Works awesome! I just got a 5 lb tank, the regulator (it comes with tubing and a bubble counter, but i didnt use them- they are cheap IMO) and got my CO2 tubing, bubble counter, diffuser and all from GLA. set it all up for a good $200. Havent had any issues so far!

I got an aquatek mini with paintball co2 tank for 100 bucks total. And I got my diffuser for 20 bucks and air line for 10 so about 130 bucks total.

Hi Foster,

I actually saw a demo of the Aquatek on Youtube. It's very reasonably priced, and i think that's the one I'm going to go with. I tried a DIY I couldn't get my yeast to produce. I never was any good at baking.

The problem I'm having is were to get CO2 refills in my area. My uncle uses it for welding, so I'm going to ask him on Monday. He may even have an empty canister lying around.

Thanks so much letting me know I'm making the right choice.
Your very welcome. Lots of people use the Aquatek system, and are very happy with it. I am very pleased with the system I purchased from them. Be sure and get a drop checker with your order also. It will monitor the CO2 levels in your tank, so you don't gas your fish. Let us know how it works out for you!!

Hi Florio,

What is the weight? and how long does it last? I thought about a paintball cylander, but I don't know where to refill it.

Co2 checker on the way.

Hey Foster,

I definitely will. I actually bought the Co2 checker first, so i should be good to go. it's so hard waiting. I'm not the most patient person, but i really want to do this twenty gallon right. It's been a challenge though. I'm stocking my ten gallon with the fish I want as I find them. i couldn't pass up five Galaxy Rasbora(Celestial Pearl Danio) that I came across at my local fish store. They are getting on great with my eight Embers and five Rummy nose. I know it's a little over crowded, but they're small fish, less than an inch most of them, and I'm keeping a sharp eye on them.

Till next time.

Hey Dan the Guppy Man,

Yes that's a good idea. I don't want to use cheap stuff. I want the system to last. I've checked out GLA and they have a diffuser I want as well.

Hey Dan the Guppy Man,

Yes that's a good idea. I don't want to use cheap stuff. I want the system to last. I've checked out GLA and they have a diffuser I want as well.

You don't really have to worry about quality.

If a regulator works it will work forever.

The only thing you need to worry about is your solenoid and aquatek puts good ones on their stuff.

I went as cheap as possible and I haven't had a single problem with aquatek mini. Their 80 bucks on eBay.

I use the Milwaukee Regulator. It comes with everything you need (regulator, solenoid, bubble counter, needle valve, airline tubing). All you really need is a diffuser ($10-50, many options available including DIY) and a CO2 tank ($50) and you're in business.

That's an awesome deal thanks Aqua- chem. That's even better than the Aquatek deal

I use the Milwaukee Regulator. It comes with everything you need (regulator, solenoid, bubble counter, needle valve, airline tubing). All you really need is a diffuser ($10-50, many options available including DIY) and a CO2 tank ($50) and you're in business.
Have you had any problems with end of tank dump, with the Milwaukee reg?

You would have to contend with EOTD with either regulator. You only get out of that with a dual stage regulator. Azoo, Aquatek, and Milwaukee are all single stage regulators as far as I know.

But no, I've always changed my tank before it got low enough for EOTD to be a potential problem.

Back
Top Bottom