CO2???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scooby

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I could use some help..........I want to try CO2 in my planted tank. I've seen a DIY setup here somewhere, but I can't seem to find it now. Anyone got a plan or a link to direct me to the plan?

Thanks
Scooby

The only draw back I had while using this system was I used airline tubing with no clamps at the connections. The pressure would build up every now and then and blow off one of the lines. This makes a mess on the wall and it really stinks. Other then that my plants really did pretty good. You will learn when the bottle is about used up have a 2nd bottle ready as it will raise your pH when the bottle is empty. Good luck this is a nice and inexpensive DIY system.

I setup the DIY CO2..........was really simple. Getting 34 bubbles/min. I read somewhere that the bubbles would disolve before they reached the surface.....I haven't seen that happen. However, I now have several plants giving off bubble streams so something seems to be working. :D
Now if I can get rid of that *#&@ beard algae.........

C'ya
Scooby

aslong as you don't exceed 1 gram of co2 per 25 gallons a day your fish should be okay.
Beard algae...
SAE's aka Chinese algae eaters worked really well for me.
Chris

how do you know the gram thing, I just did the DIY, waiting for the bubbles to start, its almost there. I dont want the pH to drop a lot, last night it was at 6.0. Nothing to lose though, only a goldfish for cycling.

the CO2 is going, about a bubble every 15 seconds, is this too much for a 5.5 gallon tank, there is no diffuser

You can get a carbon dioxide test kit at the lfs, or you could ask them to get you one if they don't have them.

thanks for the CLARIFICATION bearfan. Nice link/ Good ref page.
I have chinese algae eaters I did put on in my Mbuna tank about a month and a half ago to see what would happen there is no signs of problems there at all,
and if he does start to bug the Cichlids I'm sure they could take him out in one bite or two. :twisted:

Chris

Well my CO2 picked up, it is producing a bubble every 3 seconds! Will me zebra danios be okay?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom