CO2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Newbneedshelp

Aquarium Advice Freak
I bought a Co2 "system" (if you could really call this thing a system) made by Nutrafin. Well i follow the instructions and added all of the things it said for (sugar, Activater packet, stabilizer packet and water) and its been over 24 hours and i dont see any bubles in the buble counter. What i see are these big blob bubbles on each "stair" of the buble counter, is this the C02 bubbles becuase that isnt what i was expecting. (the bubles do not move jsut sit there)
Please help!! (Also i dont know what plants i bought because what they had wasnt labeled but they were recommended at the LFS and i had told them i had 3 WPG)

Unhook the line from the ladder and put the end of the tube in the water to see any bubbles. If you see bubbles, the ladder is probably clogged. Try blowing it out.

i took the line off of the counter ( i took that as being the ladder) and nothing happened so i dont know. Could the stabilizer/activater gone bad?

You could have used too hot/cold water so that the yeast is not activated, if you mean you are not seeing any bubbles come out of the end of the hose.

I'd try the mixture again and make sure the ladder is level, because if it is tipped one way or the other the bubbles won't slide up the ladder but will get trapped.

If you can't get their stuff to gas, you can make your own. I don't know how much you cannister holds so you will probably need to adjust the amounts This formula has worked well for me. Make sure the liquid level is not high enough to hit the pickup tube.
1 3/4 litres of warm water
2 cups sugar
1/2 teaspoon bread yeast
1/2 teaspoon baking soda (optional)

For this canister (if it is what I think it is) a good formula is to fill sugar to the indicator markings down in the canister and add 1/4 tsp (or less) of yeast and about 1/2 tsp baking soda, if your tap water is soft. When you activate the yeast be careful the water is not too hot, should be just warm to the touch.

You may find that you get a lot of bubbles in the first few days and then it tapers way off, and if so use 1/8th tsp yeast so it does not burn through the sugar so quickly. It will multiply in the canister and keep itself going.

the canister can be hard to get 100% sealed. make sure it's tight or it'll leak and you'll lose pressure.

It will take it a little while for it to get going. Mine kinda started to bubble in the begging but then it stoped, then about a full day later it was going constantly.

Give it a little more time before you start a new batch.

when i re-did the batch i didnt have the canister sealed completely, i tightened it as much as i could and im waiting untill tomorrow to see if it starts.

well, i checked today after i got home from school and i still see no bubbles, should i mix up the home made batch or sit for another day?

Back
Top Bottom