Cobweb like stuff, advice please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rozes82

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hiya, hoping someone can help....
I have found some cobweb like stuff on a couple of leaves on my live plants in my freshwater tank. It is White and has been there a couple of days.
The tank is 23 gallons, has been up and running over a week and the few fish that I have in there so far seem very happy and healthy at the mo.
Any ideas? Some people have said about it being a fungus from over feeding or blue/green algae. I would really like to know what it is and if it's dangerous to my fish and how to get rid of it.
Any help really appreciated. Thanks x

Thank you. I will try and post a picture of it later. There isn't much of it at the mo so hopefully I can stop it before it gets too bad. x

It could be normal if the tank is still cycling. You can just siphon it up with a vacuum. Also has the tank been only running a week with fish? If so it's an uncycled tank and you're going to need to test the water daily and do frequent water changes to keep the fish healthy until the tank cycles. Please read the link in my signature: new tank with fish. It'll give you more info on what you need to do.

hiya, the tank was running 3 days before I put some fish in and has now been running 7 days in total, just 6 black phantom tetras at the moment. It was also not a completely new set up so I believe there would already have been some good bacteria in there. Have also added a bacteria starter to give it a boost. I am keeping a very close eye on things at the moment as I know what new tanks that are not fully cycled can be like for he fish. I am doing plently of research and learning a lot to do my best to keep my fish healthy and happy.
Thanks for your post will check out the links. x

p.s. also used an old filter media from an established tank. x

Back
Top Bottom