coffeetwitch's 40g breeder fowlr

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have had red as well and I think green. Forgot bout those colors. Ugh I hate the area I live in. I can't find a replacement bulb with in an hours drive

pretty stuff.

i cant get over how much of a pig this banggai is. he literally just body checked the flame hawk to get to it first. and then ate it all.

i do have a question, why would the nerite snails all seem to huddle and converge in one corner of my tank? currently there are 3 of them.

My nerites have done that in EVERY tank I have ever had and currently have. It annoys the heck out of me. lol

nah, it's just what they do during the day. In the middle of the night they go everywhere. no worries

The little spots on the rock

Thoughts on what this is? The little spots on the rock

Attachments

• image-1809118434.jpg
    image-1809118434.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 63
When my coralline grows in my tanks it takes on the form of little white circles first and then gradually changes to purple or red or green. Are they hard little circles?

reefcleaners shipment is taking awhile to get here. i ordered some cheato and snails. hopefully everything is ok when it finally gets here. was supposed to have shipped monday or tuesday.

i thought i paid for exspress.

kk so its all in the tank. shut down the pumps and emptied the pods. hopefully the live ones find homes before i get the pumps running again and they dont find themselves getting sucked into my skimmer.

thought i would have gotten alot more macro than i did. but its in there. hope the bulb i got is the right one.

my order was a day late so i will get to see how an extra day in a bag affects everything.

a lot of hopes in this post.

I will hope with you. Lol. Teamwork buddy. Lol

says the billionairess from sw floradia. thank you though. i do feel one step closer to a mandarin. and if nothing else a healthier more stable tank.

ha i can finally say my sump is done now too. well unless i add a few other forms of macro.

ha thanks...

i really dont know how to tell if i have enough pods just for off chance the mandarin doesnt want to switch to the prepared foods. maybe xmas. but what year?

Just out of curiosity- are you adding your copepods to your refugium? Or your display? I was wondering the other day about this. And whether it's best to add phytoplankton to the main tank or refugium. Not sure of the benefits I guess to adding it to the refugium so that the population could grow.

i added them to the dt. i figured thats where i wanted most of them to be soooo. ive read phytoplankton can go to the dt too. that way anything that eats it can take it from the water column. i have not found where it propagates enough to just add and forget it. you can culture it and feed as needed though. i guess if i was a smart man i would grow both and feed my tank with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom