Colo. Bolivian Rams for sale

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DizzCat

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have 30 beautiful 3 month old Bolivian Rams I now need to find homes for! They are between 1 and 1.5 inches now, showing awesome color and big enough to go to new homes. They are still too young to tell male from female, but if you get 2 of one kind and wanted one of each, we can trade later. :D

If you are interested, make me an offer! (y) Or, I will trade a few for a wooden stand for a 55 gallon tank!

Below is a picture of the parents to show you what they will grow up to be and a couple of the juvies for sale.

Sorry, pick up only. I don't know how to mail fish. :confused: I am in Colorado Springs, CO.

Attachments

• 100_1898.jpg
    100_1898.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 86
  • 100_1660.jpg
    100_1660.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 90
  • 100_2337.jpg
    100_2337.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 80
  • 100_2322.jpg
    100_2322.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 78
Hello Dizz,

Would you be willing to ship some to me if I talked you through it? I'd be interested in 10-12 of them if you would ship. They can easily survive being sent via USPS Priority Mail. That's how I get all of my fish except discus.

Would you be willing to ship some to me if I talked you through it? I'd be interested in 10-12 of them if you would ship.

I probably could IF you help me. I have no clue even where to start. I have never gotten any in the mail before. Learning how would also broaden my sales area too for future fry.

So, questions:
What do you send them in? A special box? Special Bag? and if so, where do you get these? Do you add anything to the water? How do they not run out of air being in a bag so long???

Rams are easy to ship. First you will need to get a 7"X7"X6" USPS Priority Box. They are free of charge and are available at your local post office. Secondly you will want to line the bottom, sides, and then top with styrfoam. You can get a 4' X 8' sheet of R5 (insulation value) at Lowes, Home Depot, etc. for around $10 and that should be enough to do MANY boxes. Cut two 7" X 7" pieces, one for the bottom and the other for the top. Put the bottom piece into the box. Next make the sides by measuring and cutting. After that put the fish into a single bag. They are still small enough that you can put them all in one larger bag, which you should be able to get from a local pet store. Fill the bag with 82 degree water, put the fish in, and then add a Bag Buddies tablet, which helps keep the water "clean" and oxygen enriched. Make sure the bag has 1/2 water and 1/2 air with that many fish. Tie up the bag putting rubber bands on one end. Then invert this bag and place it upside down into another bag (the knot from the first bag should be facing down). This helps to prevent air from getting out. Then tie up the second bag and put rubber bands around that as well. Wrap newspaper around this bag and tape it off. Then put it into the box and put newspaper into the box if necessary to provide some cushioning. Place the lid on top, close the box, and tape it shut. Pretty simple this time of year. Don't even need to add heat packs.

I had 15 quarter sized angels sent to me last year and they were all in the same bag, with no oxygen added, no Bag Buddies...just fish and water. Long story short they were in the mail for 5 long days as they were sent to the wrong address. The temps were in the low 90's, no cold packs were used. All 15 arrived alive and were VERY eager to see food. Had them spawn for me 4-5 weeks later.

How much were you asking for each fish? Shipping shouldn't be more than $10-12.

Got some great pics of these kids tonight. The last couple days their colors have just exploded!

This is my favorite little guy. He has his papa's attitude and has taken over one side of the tank. Watch how he keeps all the others away from his shrimp pellet LOL
Bolivian Rams :: Jr the terror video by dizzcat45 - Photobucket
img_1021966_0_c1a6c5019fe6b9ab3356fb292dd6fbf4.jpg

img_1021966_1_c53bda5e25fc59c4c4b4890f104487a7.jpg

img_1021966_2_09180c32cacfc4ac4b2646ffedf08e8c.jpg

img_1021966_3_4c94f92ec9447a535a885baecc521c24.jpg

How much for 4 shipped to 91303? I've got a tank specifically set up for Bolivian Rams, was gonna go with the LFS but if the price is right...

Hey Dizz,

Could Bolivian Rams survive in this stocking. My LFS guy is giving these away if I want them. I just dont know if they could live with this group. Its my 6' 84G tank.

4 Large Angels
2 Bala Sharks 3"
3 Clown Loaches 2"
2 small breed plecos
2 zebra danios
2 pictus catfish
1 twinbarb platy
1 neon tetra (been in the tank over a year)
1 redeye tetra

Thanks for your help. I could get as many as 10 or more if that would make a difference. Would set up my 29 gallon but dont have any more room...LOL

The fish I don't know is the Bala and loaches. The others will be fine with Rams. How long and wide is the tank? You could probably start with maybe 10 and as they pair up find new homes for the extras. 4-6 would do good if the tank is long enough. Each pair would claim a territory. My 2 are in a 29 gallon and have claimed the whole thing! I keep their spawning rocks on the sides so when they do spawn it is to one side or the other and not in the middle of the tank. That way I can put a divider in easier.

If you need more, pm me. My brain is not working at top order tonight LOL

I would say they would be fine in that stocking if the bolivians are not still young and small.

Sorry guys, I don't know how to ship. :( I am only selling them locally to those who can pick them up.

I recently learned how to do this. :D
Do not feed the fish for 24-48 hrs prior to shipping. I take my fish to my local fish store, the fancy one, not the petco/petsmart. They actually package the fish for me in their stock bags, water additives, and oxygen. They seal it off. They do this free of charge. :D I then take it to the UPS for overnight shipping ONLY. I package the fish in the styro box inserts.

Only ship on Mon-Wed, overnight only. It generally costs ~$30 plus or minus depending on the state and such. The person has to agree to recieve the package the day of delivery or no guarantee. Typically this is no problem. The smaller the fish the easier they ship I have been told. They seem to handle the process better that is.

If you know of a reputable fish store that sells fish and ships them they should be able to help you in the packaging. Mine store was very helpful at least.

The fish I don't know is the Bala and loaches. The others will be fine with Rams. How long and wide is the tank? You could probably start with maybe 10 and as they pair up find new homes for the extras. 4-6 would do good if the tank is long enough. Each pair would claim a territory. My 2 are in a 29 gallon and have claimed the whole thing! I keep their spawning rocks on the sides so when they do spawn it is to one side or the other and not in the middle of the tank. That way I can put a divider in easier.

If you need more, pm me. My brain is not working at top order tonight LOL

Its a 6' 84G tank, about 20" from front to back. Lots of room and the fish in question are about 1.5" long. They are adults I think. Maybe I will get 4-6 and try it out and see what happens with them.

Back
Top Bottom