color enhancing food for cichlid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sayan

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have 2oscar,golden severum,firemouth & pleco in my tank. Just want to know bout some special kind of food which can giv my buddies the ultimate and attractive colors. Is there any kind of pellet of food dat I can use for my cichlids at d same time I don't want any side effect of dem.as health of my fish matters to me. All suggession r welcome. Thanx

Thanx...that's grt...I feed my oscar earthworm, shrimp, sometimes chopped chicken.beside dis pellet is there. They really love d live food.I just want beside dis I can giv them different kind of recipes. Really thanx for d link. Is dried krill really help in enhancing color?

Repashy has a line of aqurium foods that are amazing! Check out Ted Judy's site tedsfishroom.com to see videos on the different ways to use it, you can even order through him.

I've always been loathe to use colour enhancing foods.Im of the opinion that au natural is best.Im sure that the colour enhancing foods don't harm the fish but I prefer not to use them.

Color enhancing doesn't mean that it isn't natural or that it is "bad". Many of the ingredients are from naturally occurring sources, but put into a powder form to be incorporated into the flakes/pellets.

It isn't natural for young fish to show so much colour.NLS brings out colour in fish much sooner than when the process would naturally occur.This I don't agree with so I don't use it.Jmho nothing more :)

Thanx guys... at wat age an oscar shows its ful fledge color? Mine r almost 7-8 months old and 3.5" - 4" in length.

Honestly with all the fish food I've tried I've not noticed a major difference between the higher quality brands. Some fish get an exclusive diet of certain brands or types because of their size.

Some r really expensive too. Like hikari... bt tetra is comparatively affordable I think

i have some cichlids that get good color after eating rosy reds. color lasts about 2 days so i give them rosy reds every day cause my clown knife theyre in with eats rosy reds

Grt... so many products r there in d market. Bt selecting d right one is difficult.local products r not very trusty. So just want to stick on some good brands. And as I search in d net some's rating and comments r like dose really works.

honestly go buy 5 rosy red minnow from your lfs/lps they are like 15-25¢ a piece put them with your cichlids and see if yours get better color from eating them mine do

It isn't natural for young fish to show so much colour.NLS brings out colour in fish much sooner than when the process would naturally occur.This I don't agree with so I don't use it.Jmho nothing more :)

It isn't natural for fish to eat every day but mine usually do. Some days they eat 3 times. Some days they eat nothing. I don't agree with your statement at all. NLS is a hormone free food that only incorporates color enhancing ingredients that fish might consume in the wild, if it were fortunate enough to feed. NLS doesn't "bring out" the color in fish, rather the fish color because of what they have eaten, which are ingredients that they might normally see in the wild. In addition, these pellets include vitamins and trace elements that are essential to the overall health of the fish. Hormones are what "bring out" colors of fish too early and can wash them away at later stages in their lives or even lead to a premature death. I am completely against hormone exposure to fish as I have seen blue rams given a bad rap as a result of Asians exporting hormone pumped up rams to pet stores.

Back
Top Bottom