Color fading on dwarf gourami's head

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DownDogKate

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
What's up with my gourami?!

I really need some help. One of my flame dwarf gouramis has something going on and I can't figure out if it's ich or columnaris or what. The coloring on his head has gone from grey to very patchy grey and white - almost like he's turning piebald. He also had a couple of small pimple-like bumps; one at the base of his dorsal fin, two at the base of his tail and one in the middle of his bottom fin (sorry, don't know what its called). The bumps have all but disappeared since turning up the heat to 82F and adding salt to the tank, but his head isn't returning to his natural color and his fins seem like they're getting a transparency to them. Then just now I noticed his gills starting to look red.

I turned the heat from 78 up to 82 last Tuesday (it's been 6 days) and started adding API salt Wednesday (5 days, now, and there's a total of 7 tsp dissolved salt in the tank water)

He is eating well, swims quite a bit and doesn't rest any more than the other gourami does.

It is a 36g Aqueon bowfront and the filter came with it. The tank has been running for 9 months. I do 30% pwc/week and vac half of the gravel every other time.

Stock: 6 green platinum barbs (adult), 1 1.5 inch green tiger barb, 2 flame dwarf gouramis and 4 oto cats

Plants: Java ferns, anubias nana, wisteria, crypt wendtii, java moss

Parameters:
Ammonia 0
Nitrites 0
NitrAtes ~20
gh 5
kh 5
ph ~7.5

I know photos help - still trying to get a good one on my phone (all I have for pics)

Please help, and thank you in advance!!

Attachments

• gourami1.jpg
    gourami1.jpg
    221.7 KB · Views: 63
  • gourami2.jpg
    gourami2.jpg
    196.2 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom