color of sand bed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rncarter

Aquarium Advice Freak
What is this green and purple stuff that I am seeing in my sand against the aquarium glass?

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110405_211009.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110405_211009.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 101
Green is algae, purple might be cleaning algae down there? I can't remember the snails names it get the ones that bury in the sand. Maybe a emerald crab might help to. It's all your choice but I have heard good things about both of those CUC creatures. Do you have a reef tank?

I don't know. The small green portion is easily controllable. I'm not into saltwater but I will be soon. I have not seen this purple stuff except on live rock. Might be coraline algae. But I don't know if it is or not. Wait for a better answer or search up online. Sorry,

I'm not sure what this is exactly, but I know that what you really do not want to see in a deep sandbed is black areas. Those are poisonous and if they get stirred up they can wipe out your whole tank. What you have here doesn't look too worrisome to me. I could be wrong, though.

Back
Top Bottom