Coloring up?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KryptiCouple

Aquarium Advice Freak
About how long will it take for Mbunas to come into their color? We have 2 species in our tank who still haven't come into their colors yet. The white top afras and afra cobue. One of our white tops has, but so far the rest haven't, and none of our cobue have yet. Yellow tails, demasoni, and labs, are all coloring up nicely, though. We've had them for about 2 months now, and they were between 1-2" when we got them.

I think my cynotilapia afra color up at around 2 inches but you cant tell that much since they're highly subdominant at that point. The 1-1.5 inch ones often even fade so you can't see their stripes. At about two inches they definitely start taking on a little bit purple, I have a couple at 2.5 dark purplish blue, and two dominant light blue white the father and a son. I think the reason many of these are not brighter is because I have 25-30 afra.

Gotcha. So since one of our white tops has colored up pretty well, the others may not color up much at all, even the cobue?

Back
Top Bottom