Coloured dots?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishies86

Aquarium Advice FINatic
What are the coloured dots under peoples avatars? On the iPhone app they are all red, but I have noticed that on the full site, my dot is green, but hadn't noticed if anyone elses was different at the time. What do they mean?

I don't know on the Iphone ap. Here if it is green, the user is online and active. If it is gray, they are not on the forum currently.

Sorry, I just realised I posted this under the wrong section. I meant to put it in the lounge :/ can I move it myself, or does a mod have to do it?

fort384 said:
I don't know on the Iphone ap. Here if it is green, the user is online and active. If it is gray, they are not on the forum currently.

Ah ok :) thanks, that's been bugging me :)

the bar of multiple green dots is rep count. The single round dot is online/offline indicator.

Oh ok :) I only have the single dot on this app. I only have Internet on my phone and it takes about 5 minutes to load up the full web page so I use the app all the time. Means I miss out on lots of features though :( I don't even know if I have any rep points or how to get them :/

ahh, thats right the rep points don't show on the Iphone Ap. I have never seen the dot any color but red in the ap, so I am not sure what if anything it means. Possibly a place holder for later functionality?

The ap is pretty spiffy. Very quick on 3G. Much much faster than using Safari. I do miss the ability to rep though... and view profiles, etc. It is definitely a trimmed down version of the full forum.

Fishies, I gave you rep points not too long ago, and if you click "User CP" on the top, you will see who gave you the points and which post you got them for.

As for the red dot, it must be just for the app, since I have never seen it. If the person is not online, it's grey, if they are online it's green. :)

dkpate said:
Fishies, I gave you rep points not too long ago, and if you click "User CP" on the top, you will see who gave you the points and which post you got them for.

Cool! Thanks :) might be worth the wait loading up the main page to have a look :)

Moving to the Tech Support forum.

You guys are right. The single dot is either Green or Grey and indicates the user is online or not.

The "row" of dots indicates a users reputation level. Using the icon below them that looks like a set of justice scales, you can give reputation points to a user who's given you good advice.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom