Combatibility

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Amazonian13

Aquarium Advice Regular
Question, would a pair of blood parrots get along with a firemouth and a german ram in a 75 gallon tank? Don't know anything about the parrots personality. Thanks

Blood parrots are semi-aggressive cichlids. Get along with some cichlids. Get along with most fish. Idk if they might get bullied .

i agree about them being semi aggressive, however chances are they would still go after the much smaller rams. the firemouths at spawning time would get extra aggressive and may attack the BPs and rams. its a bit of a dangerous mix, with 3 very different sizes and aggressions of fish, but it could work. as long as they have plenty of territory division from plants and caves, it could be a very interesting tank! xx

Question, would a pair of blood parrots get along with a firemouth and a german ram in a 75 gallon tank? Don't know anything about the parrots personality. Thanks

Possibly. Parrots are in the mildly/semi-aggressive category in personality IMO. I think that GBR would get picked on however by the firemouth, since they'll both be sharing the bottom. I wouldn't want to stress the GBR out.

Back
Top Bottom