Combining food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marconis

Aquarium Advice Addict
Can I combine my cichlid flakes and spirulina flakes together so that when I feed my cichlids flakes they can have a little bit of everything? Not sure if it's okay to give them two different kinds of flakes at once...

cichlid flakes usually already contain a large amount of spirulina and lower amounts of meats high in protien seeing has how they dont digest protiens well. (at least my flakes have high spirulina content)

It would be pretty useless in my opinion, but whatever floats your boat. Cant hurt them or anything, all you would be doing is lowering the protien levels of their meals and giving them more green stuff thats easy for them to disgest.

It wouldn't hurt anything, but I don't see it helping much either.

I try to vary foods day to day, so the fish don't get bored with the same thing over and over.

I mix mine. I have mostly cichlids, and I use medium cichlid pellets for them, but for smaller fish that cant fit the pellets in their mouth, and the other fish in the tank I use a mix of tropical and goldfish flake.....
They all seem to like it.

Back
Top Bottom