Combining tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

canyon15

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 20 reef that I want to combine with a new 55 I just got. No problem you say, well here is the catch. I have a small amount of cyano and hair algea that I don't want to transfer and I have a small toadstool attached to a large piece of rock that I do not want to break. I want to put the rock in a rubbermaid and cover it for a week or 2 ( with heater and PH of course). What to do. Any suggestions without killing the toadstool but getting rid of the algea? TIA

I would direct more water flow to that specific area. In fact, I just bought an extra one for the ability to move it around and wipe out my cyano/hair algae.

There is 600gph being pushed in the tank so I just want to be able to black out the rocks and some how save the corals short of cutting them off.

Hmm, I am not a reefer so someone with more personal experience might be able to help you further. I have about 1300Gph in my 55G, but find that there are dead spots, that allow algae to grow, hence the spare ph.

Back
Top Bottom