Come ON mama!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
STILL WAITING! :)

Here she is now with her little 5 wk old baby "UNO", the only survivor that managed to escape Molly Jaws in my big tank from last month.
I put her in the 10g because it's how I was able to save larger numbers of fry in previous months... The other babies, Creamsicle Mollies, Silver Mollies & her one Dalmatian like her and seem amused by her. She doesn't seem to mind them at all. She's not as much of a baby eater as her counterparts :)

View attachment 64312

View attachment 64309

View attachment 64310

Sisserydoo said:
Has to be today...that is one fat fish!!!

Do you think in the pics I posted yesterday she looks to be smaller or a different shape than pics in the beginning of this thread? My eyes may be playing tricks on me....

LyndaB said:
Don't you just want to give her a squishy hug and be done with it..... :ROFLMAO:

Is it possible she had only a few in big tank and is holding into the rest for later release? They won't be born alive after much longer, will they? Won't they grow too much and stress inside her?
Can't exactly perform stress tests on Mollies!! HAHA

I think we all stare at expectant mothers too much and we do start to see differences that aren't really there.

My due girl has the roundedness at the front but hardly anything at the back. She's white and the dad is a green sailfin so the fry colour isn't showing in her belly though she has a small gravid spot. It's her first batch of fry though as she is still really young so perhaps she only has a few in there. I'm an eager expecting mumma and like you can't wait to see those babies.

What do you guys think? Should I just go ahead and put her back in the main tank? Nothings happening at all... She's been in the 10g for 2 1/2 days... She's just pouting with her top fin down...

She's never gonna DO ANYTHING... I've officially lost hope and I'm putting her back!!!

Are my eyes crossed and crooked or something?? Is she not square? :)
Actually she doesn't look that square.. More of puffy rounded....

View attachment 64559

Back
Top Bottom