Communascape Hybrid - Flei's 55

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Flei

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
This is my first attempt at a aquascaped/community tank hybrid...

I've had many small tanks over the years, so this is my first attempt at my version of the ultimate tank. I started out with what was basically a larger version of my 10 gallon tanks - artificial plants, gravel, guppies, etc... I then discovered aquascaping, and the overall benifits of a planted tank. I am now in the process of replacing my plastic plants with real ones. Any feedback and/or advice would be very appreciated.

There is also a red LED and an bubbler in the cave. The bubbles are routed to come out of the back quarter of the top of the "mountain". I've got an LED hood with blue lights for moonlight. The white gravel looks really cool with the blue LED's shining down. I've graded the gravel so that the red light from the cave exclusively illumiates the pathway. Also, I'm in the process of trying to find a suitable piece of driftwood to recreate a natural version of my fake Bonsai tree, so if anybody knows of any good sources, please let me know.

Attachments

• Who's Looking at Whom.jpg
    Who's Looking at Whom.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 73
  • Neon.jpg
    Neon.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 83
  • DSCN1621.jpg
    DSCN1621.jpg
    255.5 KB · Views: 95
  • DSCN1613.jpg
    DSCN1613.jpg