Community Tank Flashing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ljk09

Aquarium Advice Freak
Some of my guys are flashing. I need to get the right meds but I wanted to ask first. I have kuhli loaches, fry, live plants, and 2 snails in my tank. I don't want to harm them.

My ammonia is 0
Nitrite 0
And nitrate is fine

No new members except the 2 snails.

I noticed about a week ago that one was flashing but it stopped. Now a few more of them are. I need to get this under control. The tank was properly cycled and not overstocked.

There is a chance that Ich (if this is what it turns out to be) came in with the water the snails were transported in.

bigbanker said:
Are you seeing any ich on them?

See I also thought one of the balloon mollies had it. But the more I checked it looked like she didn't. I thought maybe it was just bubbles stuck to her. I'm going to look a little closer when I get home. But either way, do we suggest to raise the temp to 86?

Fresh2o said:
There is a chance that Ich (if this is what it turns out to be) came in with the water the snails were transported in.

I did not dump the water from the store in the tank. Not to say it wasn't already present in the tank with the balloon molly.

It can be on a host animal and not just in the water.

I don't see where raising the temp would be harmful UNLESS you have fish that are sensitive to higher temps.

bigbanker said:
It can be on a host animal and not just in the water.

I don't see where raising the temp would be harmful UNLESS you have fish that are sensitive to higher temps.

Just balloon and Dalmatian Molly's. kuhli loaches, platys and 2 snails. And a RL pleco. But from what I see they should be ok.

For some reason loaches are vaguely in my head as being sensitive to high heat. It is very probable that I am wrong though.

Anywho. Slowly raise the heat, keep an eye on the fishies and if they show signs of stress slowly lower it. Keep up on water changes as well.

I didn't see any spots present. But that's not to say that it's not there. But I saw no flashing yesterday. Is it normal for them to do so one day and then the next nothing?

It's possible the flashing was nothing but keep a close eye on your fish the chances of them surviving the Ich, if that's what it is , are much better if caught early

Ok, so the flashing is back. Still no ich but still flashing. I have no idea what it is. Readings are fine. What could it be and what do u need to do to treat it?

Back
Top Bottom