Community Tank: Fluval EBI with Betta as centerpiece

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
siva said:
Nerites actually need BW to reproduce.

That's what I read many times, but found a few items that says they can breed in FW, but that it takes 2 nerites and I only have 1 in the tank :ermm:. I added a 2nd nerite to my goldie tank, so we'll see which story is true, soon enough I guess.

HalfMoon B said:
Uh oh... Pond snails?

Could be, but the only plant I added was cleaned and from a 5* LFS so it's doubtful. Although that'd be fine if they are pond snails, my puffers need more than I can harvest from other tanks right now :D.

Took me a while to read this thread! But I love Ur tank! It's so bright and simple!! It's so cool. And u gave me great confidence with cards! :D thanks!!

Glad to help.

If there was even a hint that the Cards were going after Elvis, be certain they would've been gone long ago and that's why I recommend them with bettas.

Speaking of Elvis, how is his "burn" doing? Complete recovery?

Thanks for asking!

Yep, completely healed and Elvis is doing great. Still not sure of the cause, could have been a burn or even a self inflicted war wound. Even toyed with the idea that the nerite could have done it (it's mouth and the wound looked very similar). I've been keep a close eye on him to make sure there's no repeat though.

Good to know. I saw one of my apple snails AND my betta hitching a ride on my larger apple on his way up the wall for a breathe of fresh air...funniest thing I have seen in a while

Good to know. I saw one of my apple snails AND my betta hitching a ride on my larger apple on his way up the wall for a breathe of fresh air...funniest thing I have seen in a while

HAHA! That must've been a cool sight to see. I saw one of my RCS cleaning the nerite's shell in this tank lol.

The moss still on the SS-mesh (in my plant tub) is growing faster than in the tank lol. It is at the bottom, so even though it's growing I don't see much growing onto the wall.

I'm actually going to add some today during a PWC to the middle of the 3D wall, so stay tuned for a couple FTS.

Moss walls are so awesome! I would love to start one in my 55g for my Shrimp. Where did you get the plastic canvas?

Oh and YAY... a FTS!! :dance:

:popcorn: /waits patiently

Moss walls are so awesome! I would love to start one in my 55g for my Shrimp. Where did you get the plastic canvas?

Oh and YAY... a FTS!! :dance:

:popcorn: /waits patiently

Got delayed tonight, so didn't get to do what I wanted too. I got my green canvas at Ben Franklin's for next to nothing (GOB sale), but Michael's has it too.

Back
Top Bottom