Compatability question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishDaAx

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I have a 55g tank that has 10 serpae tetras. I added 2 quarter sized angelfish to the tank a little over a week ago. The tetra and angels have not shown any aggression what so ever towards each other. And no fin nipping.(I check my angle's fins daily) so here is my question.... Can I add in just one male betta? I saw one that looked amazing at Walmart and I want him! You think his fins would be safe?

I don't think he'd be safe. The serpae tetra and the angelfish are both a lot faster than a betta.

If you want to rescue him, I'd get him his own tank.

Not to differ with anyone but just to offer you another veiw. My daughter has a 55 g. tank. She has a betta, 4 angels of different sizes, and a list of different tetras. Diamond, red sepra and a bunch of other fish. They all get along, no nipping, and the betta swims to the top to be hand fed! Take it for what its worth!

You could try it with a backup plan. Just be aware that most aggression issues show up when the fish are old enough to reproduce.

I had 7 serpaes with my betta in a 20 long and they were taken out within a couple days. Way too nippy for my liking.

Back
Top Bottom