Compatibility: Cats ~ Fish, Dogs ~ ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cynic

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi all,

I'm sure everyone is aware of the danger of mixing cats & fish. Recently however I discovered a new problem.

scaled.php

scaled.php

Ace has always been uh 'special' but does anyone else's dog find filters far more interesting than you do?

Just thought I'd share :)

haha, my dog is actually afraid of me fishtank and wont go near it...mind you he is a fairly neurotic poodle and if he doesnt know what it is he wants nothing to do with it.

my old cat is blind and hasnt paid the tank any attention yet.

maybe your dog will be the first to alert you to trouble if the filter isnt doing its thing :)

haha, my dog is actually afraid of me fishtank and wont go near it...mind you he is a fairly neurotic poodle and if he doesnt know what it is he wants nothing to do with it.

my old cat is blind and hasnt paid the tank any attention yet.

maybe your dog will be the first to alert you to trouble if the filter isnt doing its thing :)

I can only hope he does something useful like that! More likely he'll be the cause of any filter problems though :angel:

Don't let your dog obsess over the filter. Border Collies (is it ?) are so focused they can obsess their way into major issues.

Redirect your dog. Do not allow the dog to stare for prolonged periods. Watching in a relaxed manor is fine. Staring intensely, panting or shaking are all bad. It may be funny at first, but it won't be funny later. Stop it now. Gently but firmly.

I compete with my dogs. My Whippets share a house with Cats, Birds and Fish tanks. They are very well behaved with other creatures that live here. They will kill things. But training works.
A Squirrel is ok to chase. My roommates 4 cats, NO.

Don't let your dog obsess over the filter. Border Collies (is it ?) are so focused they can obsess their way into major issues.

Redirect your dog. Do not allow the dog to stare for prolonged periods. Watching in a relaxed manor is fine. Staring intensely, panting or shaking are all bad. It may be funny at first, but it won't be funny later. Stop it now. Gently but firmly.

I compete with my dogs. My Whippets share a house with Cats, Birds and Fish tanks. They are very well behaved with other creatures that live here. They will kill things. But training works.
A Squirrel is ok to chase. My roommates 4 cats, NO.

Ruin my fun :(

But yeah he's not allowed in the cabinet, he went in there early on when we were setting it up but I worry about him unplugging or knocking something over too much for him to be allowed to 'play' in there.

Omg how adorable! Thank you so much for the laugh! My puppy hates water changes since she is afraid of running water. My cray throws up his claws when he sees her

Back
Top Bottom