Compatibility Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ken_wied

Aquarium Advice Regular
Looking for advice. Have 5 damsels in a 75 gal tank. Have my Dog Face puffer in QT and ready to come out. Is it a safe bet that the Doggie will leave the damsels alone w/hiding spots?? TIA

thanks blazeyreef, are they going to pick on him to point of hurting him or playing... Off topic, love the B/G! Looks like a baby. I have a B/G (7mo), Scarlet Macaw (3yo) and a CAG.

I agree, the damsels will probably go after him. I think they might hurt him. What kind of damsels? Not to mention, these can be expensive snacks:
Choc Chip Star, Sea cucumber, Blue Leg Hermit Crab, AND they need a 100G+ tank.

The Damsels are the blue-tail damsels and 3 stripe. Eventually a 210 gal is in the future. Dog face should be fine in the 75 gal for a while right? I plan on moving the Star, cuc and hermit into the 29 gal when the doggie goes to 75. What kind of clean up crew is ok w/a doggie?

ken_wied said:
thanks blazeyreef, are they going to pick on him to point of hurting him or playing... Off topic, love the B/G! Looks like a baby. I have a B/G (7mo), Scarlet Macaw (3yo) and a CAG.
oh well I need to see pics! the BG is not mine...but I would love to have one some day! they are sooo sweet...they are like baby dolls..or better yet.. blue and gold cockatoo's LOL

ken_wied said:
The Damsels are the blue-tail damsels and 3 stripe. Eventually a 210 gal is in the future. Dog face should be fine in the 75 gal for a while right? I plan on moving the Star, cuc and hermit into the 29 gal when the doggie goes to 75. What kind of clean up crew is ok w/a doggie?
I belive doggies eat inverts...?!?

All inverts are going to another tank when the Doggie goes into the 75 gal. My filter system is a Pro 75 Sump w/wet dry trickle filter, and a Magnum 330 Canister for water polishing. Should be sufficient, correct?

Back
Top Bottom