compatibility questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OBEYtheFISH

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I'm planning on doing my 100 gallon into a simple planted low tech
(Might trade for a 150 gallon)
Stock list ideas/wish list
12 dario dario 1:2 ratio
10 everglade pigmy sunfish
6 hovering loaches
12-18 P. Gertrudae 1:2

Would it be possible to have about 4 Philippine blue angelfish?
Or would they end up making snacks of most of the fish?

Too many bottom level/dwellers?

But the stock list isn't complete

Plus share any advice & if you have any experience with any fish of the above
Thanks!

I would up the Hovering Loach school. 6 of those little guys won't feel too safe in a 100-150G.
Unless you plan on heavily, HEAVILY planting your tank I wouldn't suggest Dario Dario. They are skiddish fish and prefer some cover!!

Besides that the stocking sounds great. I love Nano fish!

I would recommend a large school of CPDs, Chili Rasbora, Ember tetra, Emerald Rasbora, etc. as well.

All of your fish mentioned will work as long as your planting heavily. I wouldn't skimp on lightning and bump it up to medium light instead of low. It would give you alot bigger variety of plants to choose from.

FreshObsessed said:
I would up the Hovering Loach school. 6 of those little guys won't feel too safe in a 100-150G.
Unless you plan on heavily, HEAVILY planting your tank I wouldn't suggest Dario Dario. They are skiddish fish and prefer some cover!!

Besides that the stocking sounds great. I love Nano fish!

I would recommend a large school of CPDs, Chili Rasbora, Ember tetra, Emerald Rasbora, etc. as well.

Will this tank is going to be for my Dario Dario if anything
& I'm pretty sure cpd or chili rasbs would get devoured by the angels I was asking about

Cichlid Kid said:
All of your fish mentioned will work as long as your planting heavily. I wouldn't skimp on lightning and bump it up to medium light instead of low. It would give you alot bigger variety of plants to choose from.

I'm fixed on low light low tech
Just planning on having anubias & other low light plants

I wouldn't put angels with those other fish. You are looking at some pretty small tankmates and the angels will likely either intimidate them so they hide all the time or else eat them.

absolutangel04 said:
I wouldn't put angels with those other fish. You are looking at some pretty small tankmates and the angels will likely either intimidate them so they hide all the time or else eat them.

Yeah that's what I was thinking
That they would just hide all the time

Back
Top Bottom