Complete 125 gallon reef setup (LR, but no livestock), south-central PA (zip 17363)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

20 20

Aquarium Advice Freak
Complete 125 gallon reef for sale(LR, but no livestock), south-central PA (zip 17363)

FOR SALE – COMPLETE 125 GALLON REEF SETUP - $2250

PICKUP ONLY – Stewartstown, PA17363

Familiar story, I’m downsizing to a smaller freshwater tank due to $$$$. So I’m selling my 125 gallon reef tank ‘as-is’, pickup only. I’ve got no desire to sell individual components, so it’s a package deal. Lot's of good equipment.

This setup was first used 3 years ago as an African cichlid setup before being converted into a reef tank about 1.5 years ago.

Equipment summary:

· 125 gallon AGA reef-ready tank. 3 years old, no leaks.
· Standard AGA stand
· DIY canopy w/4 fans for cooling
· 30 gallon sump, Mag 7.5 return pump.
· ASM G3 skimmer, gate valve mod and mesh wheel mod.
· 16 gallon remote fuge. DIY cabinet, 18 watt Aqualight ‘mini’ fixture.
· Approximately 100 to 120 lbs live rock. Aragonite sand layer is minimal.
· Auto top off system.
· Mighty-mite RO/DI filter, hand-held tds meter
· Sequence Barracuda pump for closed loop.
· Reefdoser 2 (1.5 years old). Used for dosing “Randy’s 2 part”.
· AC JR (1.5 years old) Backlit, temp probe, lab grade PH probe, serial port, DC8, heavy duty DC4
· DIY power center built into the stand with 16 additional outlets.
· Six 80 watt T5HO bulbs with indvidual reflectors overdriven by two Icecap 660 ballasts.
· Moonlights
· 2 Two Little Fishies Phosban reactors with individual Minijets for pumps
· 300 watt heater
· All bulkheads, pipes, hoses, etc, currently in use.
· MISC – floating hydrometer; three 16” 100 micron filter bags; half of a 5gallon bucket of calcium chloride (Dow mini-pellets repackaged as ‘Quick-Joe ice melter) (used in Randy’s two-part); 5 gallon bucket of Mag Flake (used in Randy’s two-part); What’s left of a Salifert alk test kit (not much), what’s left of a Salifert calcium test kit (about 2/3’s).

Here’s website I had started with some info on the setup, including some construction pictures (the pics are a bit old.):

Kevins 125 gallon reef tank - Home

I’m am splitting this into multiple posts due to the number of images, so please continue reading:

Last edited:
Equipment details, part 1 of 3:

Click on images for a larger picture!

125 gallon AGA reef-ready tank
3 years old, no leaks. A single sheet of white acrylic, cut to size, is siliconed onto the bottom of the tank for protection. There are some spots where the sand has hardened, but can easily be scraped off the acrylic. Tank has two holes drilled in it’s back for 1.5” closed loop inputs. There is one scratch on the inside front of the glass that’s about 2 inches long, and a few other smaller scratches that you don't notice unless you're looking for them. Back is painted black. Stock AGA stand.

DIY canopy w/T5HO and integrated closed loop manifold return.
Closed loop return manifold is integrated into the canopy. 4 fans for cooling, one of the fans isn’t working, but that’s cheap and easy to replace. Lighting is six 80 watt T5HO bulbs with individual reflectors overdriven by two Icecap 660 ballasts, includes the two heatsinks. This bulbs are mounted in the DIY canopy, the ballasts are mounted to the wall behind the tank. Ballasts are 1.5 years old. Bulbs are two months old:

1 - 80W ATI 12000K Aquablue Special T5 HO Fluorescent
3 - 80W ATI Blue Plus T5 HO Fluorescent
1 - 80W ATI True Actinic 03 T5 HO Fluorescent
1 - 80W GE 3000K Daylight T5 HO Fluorescent

1 extra unused GE 6500k bulb included. 3 adjustable moonlights. Check out http://s91977220.onlinehome.us/2.html for details on the canopy/return manifold/moonlights.

30 gallon sump, ASM G3 skimmer
Mag 7.5 return pump. Sump was an Oceanic Model 2 that I modified to have a bubble tower, a skimmer section, 3 baffles, and a return section. ASM G3 is 1.5 years old, with gate valve mod and mesh wheel mod.

Last edited:
Equipment details, part 2 of 3:

16 gallon remote fuge.
DIY cabinet for the fuge, Aqualight fixture with Double Lamps for Freshwater - 2 x 9W - Mini - 9 in. Light fixture was dropped, and has decent cracks/chips/superglue, but still works. About two weeks ago I completely cleaned out the fuge, that’s why it’s so clean. I made the cabinet a bit shorter than it needed to be, so I whipped up an ugly stand for it to sit on, so the water would flow correctly. If you buy this, feel free to straighten out the plumbing.

Mighty-mite RO/DI filter
2 years old. Purchased from Airwaterice.com. Depending upon water temperature and pressure, this unit can deliver between 20 and 50 gallons. Includes a faucet adapter. Filter cartridges are 6 months old, DI resin hasn’t been changed. TDS output is currently “1”. Includes a hand-held TDS meter.

Auto top off system.
from
www.autotopoff.com This includes two switches, high level and low level that control a powerhead in the included 5 gallon RO/DI container. I’ve DIY’d a mount for the switches out of eggcrate to fit in the return section of the sump.

Sequence Barracuda pump
1.5 years old, runs great, 4500 gph. Drives the closed loop, feeding a Calfo style return manifold that is integrated into the DIY canopy.

Aqua Medic Reefdoser Twin pump
(1.5 years old). Used for dosing “Randy’s 2 part”.

Two Little Fishies Phosban reactors with individual Minijets for pumps
I use one for Rowaphos, the other for carbon.

Equipment details, part 3 of 3:

AquaController JR
(1.5 years old) Backlit, temp probe, lab grade PH probe, DC8, heavy duty DC4. I also built DIY power center built installed in the stand with 16 additional outlets, some always hot, some controlled by switches. (Please excuse the rat’s nest of cables, I never got around to straightening it out…):

Again, this is a package deal, pickup only in Stewartstown, PA, 17363. (south-central PA). $2250. Contact me via PM if you are interested. We can set up a time for you to come and check the system out.

Back
Top Bottom