Comprehensive List Of Plant Profiles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is awesome! I had no idea what I had been trying to grow. I will be able to take much better care of my plants with this info.

So glad I happened to come across this and THANK YOU SO MUCH for putting the time into this OP! I'm always googling plants, glad to know I can go to one place and find what I need instead of googling and sifting through sites. Awesome idea!

That is a great help to see the actual plants with all the info. Thanks

What is this plant?

I live in Asia and we have a great street filled with stores dedicated to fish tank owners. I found this plant on my last trip there, but I don't know what it is called in English (and I can't read the Chinese name!) Does anyone know?

And thanks for this amazing thread! So so helpful!

Attachments

• IMG_2456.jpg
    IMG_2456.jpg
    257.6 KB · Views: 184
I live in Asia and we have a great street filled with stores dedicated to fish tank owners. I found this plant on my last trip there, but I don't know what it is called in English (and I can't read the Chinese name!) Does anyone know?

And thanks for this amazing thread! So so helpful!

That looks like mondo grass. if it is, its a semi-aquatic and will eventually rot underwater.

Just wanted to add my "THANK YOU!" to the list! Helluvanice resource.

You might want to consider putting this on Wikipedia?

Common Name: Water Lettuce
Scientific Name: Pistia Stratiotes
Category: Floating Plants
Temperature: 59 - 86F(15 - 30C)
pH: 5 - 8
Lighting: High
Growth Rate: Fast
Difficulty: Medium
Origin: America
Position in Aquascape: Floating

Why is this so hard to find/get? I have ordered it from very reputable ppl and what I got looks like duckweed or frogbit. I want what looks like the picture

What you have is probablly water lettuce. It grows like duckweed or frogbit indoors but if you take some and put it outside in direct sunlight and put some ferts in the water it should start growing like ii n the picture.

Back
Top Bottom