Conch hiding and flipped snail?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EELectric

Aquarium Advice Freak
On Sunday I purchased a conch about 1" long and 2 snails. The conch was picked on early but after 2 days he suddenly disappeared and I don't know where. In my tank (55 gal.) there are places to hide behind rocks and under rocks, but I still don't want my tiny puffer to get the best of him. I also have a snail that has been continually knocked off the rocks by the puffer and is on his back. I try and put him on a rock and he never suctions to it. I think he is still alive because whenever I go to pick him up he hides a bit more but I don't want him to rot in my tank. Will invertabrates just not work in my tank or is there no reason to worry because I have 4 other snails that are doing just fine.Anything would help. Thanks! :D

EELectric,
That's a tough call and depends on the puffer. Obviously yours is gonna be one that isn't gonna let the snails alone. The conch will burrow in the sand and that may be where it's at. The other snails I would turn them over and leave them on the sand.

kmgriff72 said:
Don't think I am stupid (I'm a nooby) but, what is a conch?

It's a snail that helps turn the sandbed. There are several different types and they do well in an aquarium (queen conch is the exception due to the large size) with a sandbed to plow through.

Back
Top Bottom