Condy anemone and Clown fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Meagan

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I got a condy anemone yesterday, it looks like it doing very well in the tank. Its about 2 inches in diameter and its tentacles are 3-4 inches. Its mouth seems huge...

I know its likely that my clown fish will not host it. But it keeps getting closer and closer. Should I be worried about the anemone eating it?

:thanks:

If it was healthy I do believe that it would eat your clown given the chance

At the time the mouth wasn't gaping open. I was looking between the tentacles. But its alright, I am going to take it back.

i have a saddleback hosting my condy and its never tried to eat any of my fish. but it loves the silverside its clown fish feeds it.

RedLeggedHermit said:
i have a saddleback hosting my condy and its never tried to eat any of my fish. but it loves the silverside its clown fish feeds it.

I stand corrected. :)

there's always a chance though. just keep an eye on it. i had heard that they like to eat fish as well.

also if you want your clown to host it. a trick i used to get mine to host was played a video of the same kind of clown hosting a condy with a PSVita and just stood there and played it a few time through while holding the screen next to the glass where the clown could see. then left for a half hour and when i came back it was hosting! my clown had been hosting a different anemone before this though so that might have played a part. but its worth a try. i actually got the idea from people suggesting i tape a pic of a clown hosting onto the glass and leaving it there for a while. just make sure the video is of a clown actually touching and brushing up against the anemone. thats gonna give it the best chance of working i would think.

Back
Top Bottom