Confirm Please - Blue or White lights for deep placed corals?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

francis

Aquarium Advice Freak
it it the blue lights or white lights that penetrate deeper?

I want to have a anemone about 20-24 inches from LED to anemone and I was wondering which light is the one that would be best for it to grow.

Right now i have 2 x Panorama Pro LED Module 24V- 19 Watt 12K White/445nm Blue.

I was thinking of getting one more 445nm blue module, or I could get another 8k white , 12k white, or another 50/50 like the one I currently have. Thanks!

I'm also planning on getting a reflector for additional damage ;)

How do u like them?? Was thinking of adding 1 blue to my tank im running 2 marineland reef LEDs and love them but I want a little more blue and my lfs has one on his tank mounted in a aluminum channel its only about 2" wide would work out perfect for me

While I don't specifically know in regards to LED's with MH bulbs the lower the K the whiter the light and the greater PAR value you have at deeper depths. If the same holds true for LED's then the white panel would give greater light into the tank.

well thats the thing, I've heard 8k lights were more for freshwater that wasn't very light demanding. I will keep looking for answers though thanks for the reply.

smith do you mean my 50/50's? I don't have a straight blue one yet but I do like my current setup. If I could start over though I wouldve probably bought a $350 fixture instead of like 3 $90 ones.

I love this site for comparing:
250Watt Bulb Comparison

I think 8k would be way too low for looking good at all. I'm currently running a 14k on one side and a 20k on the other side of a 48" fixture to see which one I prefer. The 14k side is much whiter / brighter and is showing good growth. The 20k side is more blue and seems darker. While growth on that side seems slower the colors are much better IMO

Back
Top Bottom